Liebster Award Nomination

It won't be too often that you'll see me posting something aside from science and running related content.  However, I was really touched by Lis and Steph over at 26.2x2 nominating me for a Liebster award. 


 Here's a little bit about it:
• Acknowledge the nominating blogger
• Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
• 11 random facts about yourself
• List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love!
• Let all of the bloggers know you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
• Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer


The thing I love most about the "Liebster Award" is that it embodies the idea of support and encouragement that is what got me into blogging in the first place.  

So, without further ado, here are my answers to their 11 questions.

1. What is your favorite distance to run? This is a tough one.  Well my favorite is NOT 13.1 and the only 10-miler I've done was so terrible.  So I think I'll go with 10K.
2. Name one place you’d like to go to compete in a destination race. Where wouldn't I like to go? Now that I don't live near there, I guess Napa is at the top of my list.  
3. What is your dream car? And do you own it? My dream car is a Chevy Stingray Corvette and no, I certainly don't own it.
4. If you could only eat one type of meal (breakfast lunch or dinner) to eat for the rest of your life, which would you choose? I do not love breakfast, unless it's really spectacular.  And, much to the chagrin of my husband, I'm also not a sandwich lover.  But I could always have dinner - so many options!
5. And why? Burgers.  Yes, that's an answer.
6. What celebrity would you most like to go to lunch (or breakfast or dinner, depending on what you answered previously) with? I would like to do anything in my life with Lebron James.  
7. And what would you ask that person? How do you stay so grounded?
8. Are you allergic to anything…and what? If not, I’m jealous! Nope, not a single thing! I'm lucky!
9. Do you prefer high heels or flats? Flip-flops.  I'm a Florida girl.
10. What is your favorite workout song? I'm a big fan of up-tempo music with what I call "own it" lyrics.  Example: Havana Brown "We Run the Night".
11. And what type of headphones do your wear while working out? Since I started training for my Ragnar, I haven't listed to music on my runs at all.  But I have a pair that came with my MOTOACTV that I love and wear when I lift weights.
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
  1. No one ever spells my name right.
  2. I have a miniature dachshund whose full name is Sir Rudamiah Longfellow Stevenson Esquire, III.
  3. My husband and I have the same birthday, Xmas Eve, same year.
  4. We got married in Jupiter, FLorida.
  5. I love all things Costa Rica - Pura Vida!
  6. Gator Basketball - Fantastic!
  7. Tigers are my favorite animal (orange, not white) but penguins are in a close 2nd.
  8. I'm a member of NakedWines.com (if you want more info, let me know).
  9. I have studied abroad in Mexico, Greece, Japan, South Africa, and Costa Rica.  I'm headed to Beijing this summer as a teacher this time.
  10. The ocean is my life-source.
  11. I love pilates but can't afford it (it's so stinkin' expensive!)
I would like to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
Jachima at Pie's Palate
Kristen at Defy Your Limitations
Heather at Heather Runs Fast

As I find more awesome ones, I will post them here!  Here are the 11 questions my nominees must answer:

  1. Why did you get into running?
  2. Why did you get into blogging?
  3. Do you have any pets? If so, describe.  If not, what would your ideal pet be?
  4. Compression socks or calf sleeves?
  5. What is your favorite piece of running gear?
  6. Which run had the best medal? Post a pic.
  7. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
  8. Where do you like to shop for work clothes?
  9. Favorite leisure activity?
  10. Favorite dessert?
  11. Which vegetable do you hate eating?

Keep the Liebster Award nominations alive!